As it warms up outside, we are all searching for different ways to cool down. Dipping your feet in cool water; enjoying a cold, refreshing drink; staying in the shade or hiding out in the basement are all good options, but no matter where you are and how you’re choosing to beat the heat, there is one simple addition that you can add: mint!
Peppermint and spearmint offer a fantastic way to cool down and invigorate, whether you apply them to your skin (appropriately diluted in a lotion or spray), drink them in a cold iced tea, or diffuse them.
The mints each have their own benefits and uses, but of course they always make a great team! While both are invigorating, uplifting and cooling, spearmint is the gentler of the two and also smells a bit sweeter.
Peppermint is one of the most useful of all the essential oils, helpful for headaches and migraines, muscle pain, stomach pains and nausea, sore throats and bad breath. It is useful for all of these ailments without ingestion! Peppermint is also a great addition to cleaning products, with natural anti-viral properties.
Spearmint is also versatile and is useful in simple skin remedies used to treat acne, dermatitis and healing of sores and wounds, as well as being beneficial for a wide range of respiratory problems, and, like peppermint, for many digestive complaints and headaches.
While refreshing and invigorating you in the summer season, the mints also help with mental fatigue, stress, tension and general “run-down” feelings.
Get the cooling effect of mint in the way that best suits your needs! We have included peppermint and spearmint in the following products for their many benefits as well as their cooling effect:
- Aegean Mint essential oil synergy blend, featuring peppermint and spearmint. Available also in bar soap, bath foam, organic hand & body wash, massage oil and mineral soak.
- Peppermint Lip Balm
- Sittin’ Pretty Perineal Spray and Salts (with peppermint, and the added cooling effect of cucumber extract)
- Squeaky Clean Surface Spray (with peppermint)
- Chic Puppy Dirty Dogger Organic Wash, Leave-in Rinse and Coat Spritz in Perky Pawppermint (because your dogger needs to stay cool, too!
- Sole Delight Foot Scrub and Foot Butter with peppermint, to cool toasty toes!
- After Sunny Aloe Spray with peppermint and aloe, for a refreshing spritz anytime, anywhere.