June is Camping Month!
Of course, we like to camp all summer long... but June is when things really kick off. To celebrate, we bring you our Top Five list of items we never leave behind when we go camping -- especially in a tent!
- Insulated French press: we're all for a good cup of "camp coffee" (read: percolated over the fire) but it can be a bit intense for some people. A French press is a nice alternative because for a lot of us, it's just like brewing coffee at home. This one from Camper's Village is insulated so you can keep that coffee hot as long as you like, and as an added bonus, it won't break if a bear knocks it off the picnic table.
- Hot water bottles: just the regular type you can buy anywhere. There is nothing better than cozying up to a hot water bottle on a chilly night in a tent (except, of course, cozying up to a warm body -- but that's not always an option, and even when it is, it can be nice to add a hot water bottle to the mix!).
- Solar twinkle lights: you know, these seemed a bit extravagant or unnecessary when we first took them camping, but it's been amazing how much more magical they've made our campsites! They add just a touch of twinkly light outside the tent, and that makes finding home in the dark a little easier, and peeing in the middle of the night a little less scary. Plus, they just look super pretty. We recommend checking out IKEA for solar-powered outdoor lighting options.
- Hammock: it's just not camping without a hammock!
- Take a Hike Outdoor Joose: we know it's our own product, but all of us truly love this spray. Something about the woodsy, fresh scent of essential oils of Cedarwood, Lavender, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Pine, Lemongrass and Lemon Eucalyptus just screams summer and outdoor fun. If we ever do forget this light, moisturizing spray? We always regret it later on.